Yesterday, while watching Fox News, there was a segment about taxes and whose taxes would be higher and all that. Unfortunately I can’t remember which show it was on and I didn’t hit the record button on my TiVo remote…
One point of discussion was death or estate taxes. The Fox person asked the democrat about death taxes and the democrat said they must stay and even increase. The Fox person mentioned that money inherited is money that has already been taxed.
The democrat representative said, and I paraphrase because I can’t remember the exact quote:
We can’t allow people to accumulate wealth and then pass it to their heirs.
And there you have it, the main difference between democrats and republicans. Republicans say more power to you – accumulating wealth to pass on to your heirs. The democrats don’t want you keep your own money or give it to your own family. You can accumulate wealth, but only to give to the government so they can redistribute the wealth that you worked so hard to accumulate.
I need to link Kate since she awarded me the award. I also have to post the picture of the award, post the rules and give the award to five others and link them too.
1. Pick five blogs that you consider deserve this award in terms of creativity, design, interesting material, and general contributions to the blogger community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each winner has to show the award and give the name and link to the blog that has given him or her the award itself.
4. Each winner and each giver of the prize has to show the link of “Arte y pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. To show these rules.
1. The Anchoress.
2. Fausta’s Blog (that’s FAH-oo-sta).
3. ~J~ and Sue at J’s Cafe Nette.
4. Lorie Byrd