DirecTV has designated channel 100 for Hurricane Katrina.
This will be a channel for news, information and messages. To post a message, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a text message from your text message capable cell phone to 48433.
Information available on the Hurricane Katrina Information channel includes:
• Transportation infrastructure – road closures throughout the Gulf Coast region
• Counties/parishes in the Gulf Coast region that are able to assist evacuees
• Special needs shelters – the location and phone numbers of special needs shelters in Louisiana
• Shelter openings throughout the Gulf Coast region
• Relief agency contact information, including phone numbers for the American Red Cross, The Salvation Army and Feed the Children
• Insurance company contact information
Good for you DirecTV!